Juice On Support Center

Contact Us

Can I drink watermelon juice during the fast?

We do not recommend pure fruit juice because fruits are sweet in nature. When they are juiced, the fibre is removed and the natural sugar gets concentrated in the juice. Fibre allows for slow and controlled digestion of sugar. Without the fibre, the sugar will enter the bloodstream too quickly, putting undue pressure on the pancreas to release a lot of insulin to stabilize the high sugar levels.

 Instead, stick to vegetable juices only. You may add a little bit of watermelon to your vegetable juice, for sweetness.

Remember the 80-20 rule. At least 80% of your juice should be vegetables, the remaining 20% can be fruit.